Saturday, July 9, 2011

Only You Can Prevent Home Fires

A crazy thing that I don't know how we managed to miss when we moved into the home: there was only one smoke detector in the entire place. I don't know if the previous owners took them when they moved or if they never had any to begin with, but this needed to change sooner rather than later, especially since we have a rental space in the basement. Steph's mom had purchased some brand new ones that she ended up not using, and she gave them to us. Very easy installation and now I can have a bit more piece of mind.

Living Room
Hallway
Kind of a mundane home improvement update, but a necessary one!

Finally, one way we're trying to make our place feel like home, is to take full advantage of all that Des Moines has to offer. So today I tried out Yoga in the Park at Gray's Lake. Overall, I really enjoyed it: great, relaxing environment and each week offers a different instructor and a different type of class. I'll definitely do it again, only next time I'll try to drag the reluctant wife along as well.
Yoga Cat

1 comment:

  1. Yoga in the Park sounds awesome! They have yoga in our botanical center here - but it's always during the week while I'm at work. :( Keep the updates coming - I'm using your blog as a primer for what we should expect when we eventually buy our first house.

    ReplyDelete