Sunday, July 3, 2011

A Room with a View

Right when we moved in to the house, I noticed that the office paint was beginning to peel in three different areas. Of course, I started peeling it without a care in my mind, but I now realize that this is going to be a much bigger project than I expected. Just painting over everything won't do.

The office as the previous owners had it.
Last week I bought a can of non-toxic, indoor paint remover. However, after testing a small section of wall, we've discovered that we're not only dealing with paint but several layers of paint and wallpaper. I've spent several hours already removing the paint/wallpaper/paint/paint on the west wall and this is about as far as I've progressed.
My mess...
Steph is already rolling her eyes at me, but I don't think there's a better way to start off homeownership than by stripping paint and wallpaper. I'm sure my happy idealism will subdue into negative (whathaveIgotmyselfinto) pessimism after a couple more hours of paint removal.

No comments:

Post a Comment