Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Curb Appeal

I've been trying to come up with some ways to improve the curb appeal of our house. Not that it is ugly, but I feel like we could do some small things to really cute it up (landscaping, a new sidewalk, etc.). Both Steph and I really dislike the front stoop, however. The carpet is old and moldy, and no matter how hard I try or what I do, I cannot get the stains out of it.


My goal is to use an acrylic sealer to lay over the top of the concrete. The carpet will be the easy part to remove, and I've quickly learned my lesson to not be too ambitious with the demolition portion of a job. This could very well be a bigger task than I bargained for. 

The overhang is an eyesore in my opinion as well. The cheap plastic that serves as our awning just doesn't help to improve the overall look of the front stoop.



I would like to tear it out, but that needs to wait until I actually have a plan for what to put in it's place. Here is a picture of some inspiration. I think an angled awning that matches the angle of the front part of the house could have some real potential. One step at a time, however.




No comments:

Post a Comment