Monday, August 8, 2011

The Wild Hair

Steph went to Kansas City this weekend to work at her office for the day, so I had the entire weekend to myself. I had planned to go into a vegetative coma, but I got a wild hair to paint the living room (much to Steph's chagrin). This was somewhat of a daring move on my part. I chose the color without Steph's approval, and in hindsight, that wasn't the wisest thing Ive ever done.. So on Saturday afternoon, I went over to Lowes and picked up three gallons of "autumn fog," a color I instantly liked  as soon as I saw it. 

So the living room, in the course of 24 hours, went from this: 


to this:






It's definitely more blue than the color swatch led me to believe. That being said, after sitting in the room with Sir Pouncelot, a glass of wine, and just letting my mind go, the color has really grown on me. It matches more closely what I had in mind when we bought the curtains. But now I think some patterned curtains that have either a brushed bronze or brown look would work better in the room. I'll have some new posts up later this week to show what we did with a new TV we purchased and our decision to do away with the entertainment center.

Always a work in progress.


No comments:

Post a Comment